A RARE TOP HAT Glass Vase, By FRATELLI TOSO, of MURANO ITALY, circa 1950's-60's
A RARE TOP HAT VASE, By FRATELLI TOSO, of MURANO ITALY, circa 1950's - 60's. An original example designed during the 1950's - 60's , this is an original piece dating from the period. 90mm x 105mm x 75mm (Height x Top Diameter x Bottom Diameter). 3 3/4" x 4" x 3. This piece is of Yellow , White and Uncoloured Glass that has been fused together and then picked up and hand blown by the Glass Artist.
A similar piece with Red and White "Bullseye Murrine", is shown illustrated on page 182, in FRATELLI TOSO Italian Glass 1854 - 1980 , by LESLIE PINA , Published by SCHIFFER Publishing Limited in 2004. Other known coloured Murrine were Green or Blue. The item "A RARE TOP HAT Glass Vase, By FRATELLI TOSO, of MURANO ITALY, circa 1950's-60's" is in sale since Thursday, October 11, 2018. This item is in the category "Pottery, Glass\Glass\Art Glass\Italian". The seller is "gpsaros3" and is located in Clayton, Victoria.
This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Colour: Colourless, White, Yellow.
- Brand: Fratelli Toso
- Subject/Theme: Top Hat.
- Era: circa 1950's - 60's.
- Object Type: TOP HAT VASE.
- Style: Mid-Century Modern
- Original/Reproduction: original.
- Type of Glass: Fused Murrine and Hand Blown.
- City of Origin: Murano, ITALY.
- Glassmaking Technique: Fused Murrine, Hand Blown
- Features: Limited Edition